Born in the town of Chama, New Mexico, my earliest memories of childhood were sewn within this small, rural community. My technical and intellectual skills were honed by attending both the University of Utah and the College of Eastern Utah. While enrolled at these universities, I had the opportunity of developing different perspectives. My ability to create art is a very personal and self-explorative process.
My recent paintings explore my passion for abstract expressionism. The concept of painting raw emotion rather than illusion inspires me. I'm always searching for different ways to interpret and capture the world. I have always had an impulse to create art. I inherited my sense of observation and reflection from my Mother. She along with my five brothers, have forever encouraged my creative and artistic aspirations. Starting at a very young age, I can remember my family being supportive of these aspirations.
Through the use of themes and subject matter that relate to my Hispanic and Native American roots, I strive to create a spiritual atmosphere within my paintings that reflect my love and appreciation for my place of origin-Northern New Mexico.
- Springville Art Museum Spring Salon 2004- Award of Merit
- Spiritual and Religious Show 2005
- Spring Salon 2006- Award of Merit
- Spring Salon 2007
- Deseret Morning News Landscape Show 2003
- Park City Arts Festival 2006 - Awarded "Best of Show"
- Ogden Arts Festival 2007
- North Ogden Arts Festival 2007 - Awarded "Best of Show"
- Ogden Valley Balloon Festival 2007 - Featured Artist